Monday, January 18, 2010

Still Showing Up

I went back to see my mom and dad.
We said the rosary around her bed in the evening.
My brother and his wife and their 5 boys came to the house to say the rosary with us.
Cindy, my sister in law gave us some instruction, told us to find a candle and brought a bag of rosaries to pass out amongst us. My three nephews, Kyle, Cody and Travis knelt by the bed with us and each said a decad of the rosary.
I think it brought us all a little peace.
My mom said some of the prayers along with us.
Other times she was talking to herself, or looking into the distance and pointing or talking to people she thinks she sees. It was fine.
I can visit my mom now, as long as my dad is there with me. I don't want him to leave me alone with her because I am afraid she will have another seizure.
He said she's still having them, but he's getting used to it.
How horrible to go through that alone.
There seems to be little or no relief for him or my mother.
All we can really do now is pray.

No comments: