Friday, August 22, 2008

Tour of Duty

Mom and I were sitting in lounge chairs in the backyard today eating popcicles. How cool is that!
Clearly, this is far more important work than sitting in an air conditioned conference room debating about some corporate marketing plan that's for sure. What could be more important? I'd like to know.

To bring you up to speed, I quit my job about a month ago. And while I'm hunting for my new post, I decided to move home to help care for my 70 year old mom, Patty, who has advanced Alzheimer's. I was trying to give support on weekends and holidays, but dad needs so much more help. He calls me daily to share his frustrations, ask for help and sometimes just freak out. So, why not.
I'm not sure how long this tour of duty will last. But, I'll tell you this. I can't image being anywhere else right now. Once I moved in, and fully understood the bizzare happenings, it became clear to me that I must be here.

No comments: